3 cups flour
3 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsps salt
3 cups milk
1. Mix together dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Add wet and mix until smooth consistency.
2. Place a nonstick or crepe pan on medium heat. Cover the surface of the pan with melted butter.
3. Put 4-6 Tbsp of batter in the heated pan and swirl around to cover the surface and make a nice size crepe.
4. Cook until golden brown on each side.
5. Repeat until you have 20 perfect... or slightly imperfect crepes!!
Vanilla Cream Filling
2 cups milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
6 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
3 1/2 Tbsp butter
1. Bring the milk to a boil.
2. Take off of heat and add vanilla. Let stand for 5-10 minutes in a bowl.
3. Using the pot that you used for the milk. whisk together sugar, corn starch and egg yolks. Gradually add the hot milk.
4. Place on the stove and bring mixture to a boil whisking vigorously for 1-2 minutes.
5. Place the mixture in a small bowl. Get a larger bowl and add ice to it. Place the bowl with cream into the larger bowl with ice.
6. Let cool slightly and then add the butter to your cream mixer.
7. Let cool on counter.
3 cups whip cream
1/4 cup sugar
1-2 tsp extract (i used coconut but it would also be tasty with a cherrie or almond or lemon depending on what you feel like!)
1. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whip till soft peaks form.
Cream Cheese Whip (optional)
1/2 block of cream cheese (room temp)
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 to 1/4 of the whipping cream
1. Mix the cream cheese in a small bowl until smooth.
2. Add icing sugar. Mix till smooth.
3. Add whipping cream mixture to the cream cheese. Mix till smooth.
Putting the Cake Together!!
When the Vanilla Cream is cooled to room temperature or a little cooler fold in 1/2 to 3/4 of the whipping cream. I had to whip them together to get the cream and whipping cream to mix well. Now keeping your best crepe for the top, layer crepe then cream until you have used all 20 of your crepes. Place the Cream Cheese Whip on top. Place in a refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Add your favourite fruit and ENJOY!
original recipe found here!